Wednesday 24 January 2018

Happy - A Scrapbook Page by Katie

Katie here with my last post for January,
wow, a month almost gone already, crazy!

I am using Fancy Pants Joy Parade again and this time I have actually created a birthday celebration page,
kind of in keeping with the theme of the collection.


I again used a patterned paper for my background, this one is called Love Pretty Garlands and was perfect for my little niece's first birthday celebrations. You can find all the papers in the Joy Parade collection kit. With a background like this, half the work of embellishing is done! There are some more papers layered behind the photos as well and don't forget, you don't always have to cut a whole square or rectangle to mat your photos, you can simply cut strips big enough to back the photo mat, it is a smart way to use your paper!


The Joy Parade ephemera pack certainly has a lot "packed" into it, and so many different shapes, sizes, and even words and sayings making it an awesome starting point when you are ready to embellish. Add in some of the puffy sticker shapes and dots and your embellishing almost does itself!


How cute is the little party hat die cut? I just had to use it on my photo. Also used here are some of the tags and labels, another of my go-to layering pieces.


I love how colourful this Joy Parade Flair is, and being on a white background it doesn't compete for attention on the page.


I created another small cluster at the bottom of the page using the ephemera and also some of the flags in the Joy Parade Matchbook set. This little pack has a collection of paper flags/banners that you can easily use on your pages like I have done with my journaling, or you could even use them in your planners.

Thanks for stopping by today, have fun scrapping.

Katie x



1 comment:

  1. Katie love what you have created with Joy Paradeđź’›

    ReplyDelete