Wednesday 17 January 2018

How I Interpreted the January 2018 Mood Board.....

Hey, hey my scrappy friends!!
Melinda here on the blog today sharing how I went from the January 2018 mood board


to this page!


I have the black, green, and yellow, but it's a funny story how I got to this design, and totally what a mood board is all about!!

A little while ago there was another post published on the blog about this very topic and you can read that post here.

And here is my convoluted process of getting from one to the other!

So, the current mood board made me think of Australia Day, which lead me to think of the Cyber Crop we held last year in honor of Australia Day. One of the challenges for that CC was another mood board which was this

I took inspiration from the colours, the newsprint and the circle shape of the macarons and created this page


Specifically I remembered the blue and the word crazy on this page - and the way I created the fun title - and remembered some photo's I was recently sent from my niece of her and my boys being crazy together and so the idea for my current page was born!!

I hope you followed that rabbit hole all the way to the end but I share this process to show that you can use the mood board in any which way whatsoever that inspires YOU! And it may look NOTHING like the board that you started with but the board is there as a starting off point!!

Onto some more specific details of this page!


I started this page with the title!
I used the Teresa Collins Signature Essentials Alphas, the WRMK Indian Summer thickers and also the blue Tiny Alphas from the Boys Fort collection. I customised the Crazy using Colour Shimmer Dust in Lush with a paintbrush and the word cousin I applied 2 coats of gesso with a brush and then used a palette knife and Colour Blast Colour Paste in Sunshine applied liberally/randomly over the alphas. Love how this came together! I used my FudeBall 1.5 pen to outline each of the letters in crazy as well.


I have created my background with a coat of gesso on the "Thumbs Up" patterned paper from the Boys Fort collection by PinkFresh Studio, blending out the edges so there were no harsh lines. I did the packaging technique with a combination of Scribble Sticks (yellow and blue) and gelatos (green), also making splatters with the same colours.


I added a few messy paper layers behind my photo's using the "Wowzers", "Bold" and "High Five" papers cut to different sizes and layered randomly behind and around my photo's.


For embellishments I have used 1 of the Printed Veneer pieces and 3 of the paper pieces from the ephemera pack - the 3, the yes and the label above the photo's.


There is a process video available over on the ScrappingClearly channel if you'd like to see this page come together from start to finish - just click on the link above, sit back and enjoy!


My finishing touches were some of the Tiny Word Stickers also from the collection, my journalling and some white splatters which I did off camera. I used more of the white gesso and added a little water to make it more liquid and splattered all around the page making sure to cover up my photo's!


I also did go back in with a paint brush and some more of the yellow Scribble stick after I finished recording to add a little more colour to the top right as I felt it was not quiet finished.

And with that called my page DONE!

Remember, you have until the end of the month to upload your take on both the sketch and the mood board to win yourself a $30 voucher to spend on more scrappy supplies. Make sure you load your entries into the correct album in the FB group and please, share how the mood board inspired you!

Until next time, next month actually, happy scrapping!!

Melinda












No comments:

Post a Comment