Sunday 27 November 2016

Just Perfect!!! My take on this month's Sketch! By Tania

Hi all, I can't believe, I'm back again so soon on the blog! So happy to be here, sharing my take on the sketch this month!!! I have a cute layout of my puppy, who seems to be appearing alot in my pages lately!

I've used the Pink Paislee, Cest La Vie range again this month...swoon!!!

Here's the sketch as a bit of a reminder for you!


I just love those splats in the background, and I had the perfect, Dusty Attic stencil for that. I started with a layer of Gesso where I knew the splats would be, then used some Distress Inks with the stencil. I love the way the Distress Inks come out so crisp through a stencil, no smudging, which can happen with paints and other mediums.





I used some Dylusions spray ink to flick some ink over the stencilled splats, and when dry, began my layers. 

Firstly, I wanted to create borders for the top and bottom of the page. I used some of the Cest La Vie papers, and some washi tape with some twine from my stash.



The background layers for my photo began with a doily cut in half,some twine & washi tape, and some of the papers. There's also a banner cut out of the Cest La Vie Acetate, so lovely!

I painted some wood veneers, (Studio Calico), with some Distress Paint, added those in my clusters, with some cute DIY enamel dots. (Ranger, enamel accents.) I loved these when they came in just the black and white, I'm thrilled they now come in so many colours....make sure you check them out in store here:

My title and word sticker are both from Heidi Swapp: Heidi Swapp puffy stickers and September Skies word strips.



My journaling is hidden, as I mostly do, on a little Kaiser journal card from my stash.

Hope you like my layout and process, and I hope it has inspired you. Would love to see you play along with either one of our challenges this month!!!




1 comment: