Tuesday 8 November 2016

November Mood Board Inspiration

Hi Artsy peeps!

Can you believe its November already! 

I've been in a bit of a creative funk over the last few weeks, and I'm putting it down to TMP.... Too much product!! 

You know what I mean, when you buy every coordinating paper and embellishment, strategically hide it from your husband for a few weeks, then when you finally sit down to play (with children stocked up on lollies in front of the TV) all the pretty stuff just overwhelms you and you end up pinning things on pintrest or surfing instagram...

I get this alot, and the way I get past the TMP curse is Mood board and sketches!! I wrote a post about this on my blog called Sketches to the rescue. This months mood board for Scrapping Clearly is just simply gorgeous. The teals and blues with the pop of gold just sang to me, and I used it as the basis for 2 layouts this month. 



If your looking for some products to add to your arty stash, then the Colourblast products are a must have. Here I've used the Shimmer dusts in Cobalt, Peacock and Navy to create my background on Marshmallow Heavy weight cardstock

Ive layered up a heap of goodies to create layers and texture: medical gauze, Heidi Swapp tags, Sari silk fabric swatch, gold tissue paper, black card stock. 


The peacock chippie was a in my stash, and ive used the Colour Blast Embossing powders in Just Blue and Singing the blues to colour it. 

My next layout was just a quickie I whipped up using the 
Zip-A-Dee-Doo by Bo Bunny . I rummaged through my stash and used up my left over bits and pieces. 

This is the part about mood boards that I love... You use it as a basis for your layout, and grab things that sort-a-kinda go and all the hard work is done for you. 



I hope that helps you a little bit to get out this creative funk time of the year.. otherwise known as '4th term-itis' or thank god its almost the end of the year'... 


Happy Scrapping


Skai




No comments:

Post a Comment