Thursday 17 November 2016

Lovely - November Sketch Challenge with Melinda

Hi there ScrappingClearly fans!! Melinda here with you today with my take on the very fun November sketch designed by Chloe!

Here is a quick refresher of the sketch


And here is my take on it!


I have used lots of different pieces from the fun, bright WRMK Crush range which you can find here in store.

There is a process video available here if you would like to see how this page came together otherwise read on for a few details!

First up I started with some Deep Water Colour Shimmer Spray and some Rainforest Colour Spray by Colour Blast for a little bit of colour in the background and to mimic the splatters in the sketch. I just used some old packaging and a few drops of colour and applied to my gesso'd white cardstock background. Then I added a few sprinkles for darker splashes of colour both on top of the colour already applied and to the top left and bottom right as per the sketch. At this point I decided I would mount my white cardstock on some patterned paper so trimmed down the 4 edges using my scissors.


I grabbed some papers from the 6x6 paper pad and also this full 12x12 sheet called Simply Stated for a few layers behind my photo. I then grabbed one of the gorgeous Party Favour Bags which I added to the back of the stack for a different way to include my journalling; which I did on a tag from my stash and just slipped into the bag!

I added some gold stitching with my sewing machine in 3 places - the messy circle behind the main cluster and again, the top left and bottom right.


I added a couple more embellishments using one of the paper clips, one of the layered tags and some of the accent stickers

I have also used the "lovely" sticker as my title in the top left and some of the little black and gold alphas for a sub title near the title and a little sentiment on the bottom right to balance off the black.



I added some twine from my stash to the tags and my final touches included mounting my trimmed down layout to a piece of the Best Friends patterned paper, ruffling, tearing and stapling the edges of the white cardstock and finally some little black droplets of water colour paint with a paint brush.

You still have almost 2 weeks to get your entries in for the awesome prizes Kylie has to offer each month for both the sketch challenge and the mood board so make sure you head over to the FB group ScrappingClearly and upload yours to the correct album (sketch is here, moodboard is here) to be in the draw! You will also find LOADS of inspiration, not only from the DT members but from fellow crafters like yourself!!

Happy scrapping!


Melinda




No comments:

Post a Comment