Saturday 31 March 2018

Wild And Free Canvas Panel by Leonie Neal-Dawson


Hello, I hope you all are relaxing and enjoying this Easter Weekend.

Our family generally goes camping this weekend but this Easter we are staying home so have no particular plans. I am thinking maybe fitting in some crafting will be an option..? What do you do over Easter Weekend?
Today I have this canvas panel to share with you. 

"She was life itself, wild and free. Wonderfully chaotic, a perfectly put together mess."
9x12" Canvas Panel 



I used this paper 'Bright and Beautiful 1' by Paper Arts. I liked the pastel tones to this paper and thought they looked a little 'Easter-ish' and that's probably where my Easter theme ends!
I cut the paper into lots of different sized squares and rectangles and collaged them onto 
a 9x12" canvas panel using Liquitex Matte Medium.


Next up I used a black Stabilo Aquarellable pencil to define each rectangle and smudged out the lines with a wet paint brush. Some stamping and splashes of watered down Gesso finished of the base of my canvas panel. 





My Chipboard title piece Wild and Free is by Memory Maze. I incorporated this into my quote
"She was life itself, wild and free. Wonderfully chaotic, a perfectly put together mess."
Can I let you know, 'Mess' is how I was feeling about my title chipboard after adding layer after layer to it
before I finally settled on something I was happy with. 
Liquitex Gesso came first but looked too plain, then it was black ink but I didn't like that either. Texture Paste and Dylusions sprays next - that blended in with the background too much! I was really beginning to think it was going to end up in the bin until I added a couple of coats of  Dylusions White Linen Spray. This last layer covered the bright dylusions pinks, purples and teal...but still left a faint tinge of them showing through, that and the earlier layer of texture paste finally made me happy. Phew, I was getting worried there for a bit. 


I accentuated my panel with these lovely Prima flowers, I like that they also had some feathers and so  tied in with the Wild and Free theme. 


That's it for me today, I hope you have a lovely Easter Holiday.

Happy Crafting and 
cheers from me. 

Leonie Neal-Dawson


SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

2 comments:

  1. Leonie this is a fabulous canvas love the idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love this and the colours and the design!

    ReplyDelete