Thursday 15 March 2018

Birthday Cards - With Karyn Schultz!

Hi Scrapping Clearly Lovelies!

It's Karyn here, 
and today I have 2 cards to share made with papers from the Bella Bllvd Illustrated Faith Bright and Brave collection and Heidi Swapp Embellishments - all available in the Scrapping Clearly Store.


The card bases are 6" x 6" and made from white cardstock. I added a layer of Illustrated Faith Bible Journalling paper (text) and a layer of Illustrated Faith Count the Ways paper (coloured polka dots). Then added some Heidi Swapp glitter tags, a Heidi Swapp bow embellishment, some Heidi Swapp glitter alphas, Heidi Swapp puffy number stickers, and a handmade sequin pocket.

I made the sequin pocket by sewing 2 pieces of plastic (from pocket page protectors), leaving a small opening to insert the sequins (from the Teresa Collins Daily Stories collection) then sewing the hole closed. The heart was trickier to do - I marked the shape with a pencil first but it was very hard to see on the plastic and it was very slippery to sew - still, I like the rustic look. This is a great way to use up sequins and I love the look! 


For the next card I used a layer of Illustrated Faith Bible Journaling paper (stripes) then attached a strip of the reverse text side to the bottom half of the card. I added more Heidi Swapp glitter tags, some Heidi Swapp glitter alphas, a Heidi Swapp glitter wood veneer word, and a handmade heart sequin pocket. 


Here is a close up of the sentiment. 


Thanks so much for stopping by 

Crafty Hugs xx


1 comment: