Wednesday 28 March 2018

Olde Worlde art journal with Em.

Hello hello! 
I hope the month of March has been awesome for you.

So who else is in awe of all the awesome Journal art Lisa, Peg, and Kylie  have been creating? 
Oh my they are such great inspiration, so much so that I had a play in my journal too. 
I have also been playing and teaching myself a little abstract acrylic art. So I tackled it again in my journal. 
With Lisa in my head and the desire to create I made this.....


I think I’ve said it before, but the freedom in art journalling is relaxing and exciting.
You never quite know how it’s going to turn out. 

Once I had layered my base paints which included Dylusions white acrylic and Art Anthology Metal Effects silver, I splashed Liquitex Carbon Black acrylic ink around and at the time thought I had ruined it a little by being to heavy handed with it. 
But this is what is so great about art journalling, you can just keep building. So I splashed Liquitex Titanium White acrylic ink as well then added some Dylusions Squeezed Orange and Ranger Distress Collage Medium into the mix, this ‘softened’ the black splashes a little. 


Next came the stencilling and stamping. 
I used an archival ink through a few different stencils and on various stamps


Once all my ‘messy creative’ was complete, I added to the page with a couple of We R Memory Keepers chipboard frames and, sitting in and around these, I used Tim Holtz paper dolls to add a bit of curiosity to the pages. 


I added to the page a few older stickers I’ve had for years and finished with some more stamping on the frames, and Liquitex splats around it all to pull it together. 


When I started these pages I thought I had totally wrecked it, but the end result makes my heart smile. 

If you have yet to try this form of creativity I highly recommend it. It allows the inner creative out. You might be pleasantly surprised. I know I am. 

I hope I can also inspire you a little with my process video. 




Till I see you all in April....happy scrapping. 

Em. Xx


3 comments: