Friday 30 March 2018

Correcting Creative Mishaps with Fresh Eyes - in my Art Journal.

Howdy Bloggers, Lisa here with a Good Friday Mixed media update.


Today I'm sharing with you an Art Journal Page using the new Kinder Kreations Eye stencil.
Sometimes I get stuck and when I am drawing faces the eyes can always be an issue,
 getting balance and size in order. I am definitely no fine artist

There are also those moments when we are not really fussed with the end result 
and have to walk away and come back with fresh eyes to finish it. This is one of those pieces. 

So here is where I started... Check out this quick video



I've started in a small Dylusions journal, randomly smeared some Dylusions and DWM acrylic paint around the page and removed some, while imprinting a DWM stencil detail.

I've added some Gel Plate paper circles that I've grabbed from my mixed paper stash
and introduced marks and details with a black Fude Ball pen, a pink Posca, a correction pen, and stamps.
Out comes the Kinder stencil and upon reflection, I should have reversed the eyes to face into the page,
but it's all a lesson, right?
I applied black acrylic paint through the stencil using a make up sponge.
Added the pink circles and drew the face in with a stabilo and loosely painted it in.

At this point I fussed over the page and wasn't really happy with the overall flow, so I went to bed.

I woke to this page, a little confused about what to do with it,
should I turn the page and forget it?
Or just play with it a little more ?


Scattered within my very messy art table I noticed some
Tim Holtz Halloween rub-ons... and had a little fun with this page.
I love rub-ons!






This was one of the other projects I completed during my weekend.
Oh the Jane Davenport serviettes/napkins are my fave art journal quickie.
So easy to throw together a quick effective piece and it look effortless and beautiful.
I also broke open a Dylusions black page Travel Journal insert. 
So effective on the black background. Do you have a black paged journal?




Thanks for dropping by the Scrapping Clearly blog,
I'll be back next week with a new mixed media update.

Happy Ishtar... Or Happy Easter.
Have a peaceful, safe, creative time.

Lisa xx


1 comment: