Wednesday 7 March 2018

Mixing it Up with Pocket pages and 12 x 12 with Melinda

Howdy and happy Hump Day!

Hope your week has been kind to you so far, I know the beginnings of my weeks are always super busy.
However, here in WA we had a public holiday and I spent the day at Adventure World with my family, so today only feels like Tuesday!

I have a bit of a different share for you today but first, here are the photos of my 2 pages
that I created using the adorable PhotoPlay Boys Rule collection pack.


Yep, that is a 12x12 page and a pocket style page. Here is a little of the back story!

I like to have something in the boys' albums for each month to sum up what life was like for them that month.
I've found the best way for me to achieve that is to include a few small stories in a pocket page that make up their every day (like in this spread of Hunter setting the dinner table).

Then I do 12x12 pages with the bigger kind of stories (like this month his first day at 3-year-old Kindy). Depending on the month I have 1 or 12 lol

I'm not a huge "this is a really cute photo, I've gotta scrap it" kind of person,
I'm more of a "this is a great story and I have this awesome photo that goes with it" kind of scrapper
which works really well for me.
How do you like to get your stories in your albums?
Are you more of a "this is just an adorable photo" kind of scrapper?
I love learning what inspires others!!

So, I made a process video for this which you can see here.

My very first step was choosing which 12x12 paper I wanted to use for my background
and making sure that I included that as the title card for the pocket page spread.
I tossed up between the "Seeing Stars" and the "Mr Mischief" papers from the collection pack
and ultimately decided the photos popped more on the "Mr Mischief".
I now had a starting point!


I started on my pocket page and picked patterned papers that I thought would work really well then cut them to size (using some of the cut-aparts but also just chopping down some of the 12x12 papers).

I love the continuity over the pocket page and the 12x12 page.




I've used the Heidi Swapp Black Glitter Chipboard Letter Stickers for my title on both pages.






I've used quite a few of the stickers from the Boys Rule collection pack sticker sheet on both pages as well, I love all those little stars that I could sprinkle across both pages!


I worked on 3 areas of embellishment on my 12x12 page layering, a few bits of papers and quite a few stickers. I've also popped up a couple of the stickers to give more dimension and interest to the page.


My very final steps were adding a few stickers from Heidi Swapp's Puffy Stickers sheet,
my journalling in 2 places, and some Bling splatters using my Colour Shimmer Pot by Colour Blast!


I'm super happy with how this spread came together, and even happier that I now have these photos
out of the photo storage box and into Hunter's album!

Thank you, as always, for stopping by,
until next time, happy scrapping!!

Melinda

1 comment:

  1. Such cute boy pages. I love mixing up 12x12 and pocket pages, it allows you to fit so many more stories in your albums. Great job.

    ReplyDelete