Wednesday 14 March 2018

A Totally Boy Page - with Emma


Hey Hey my SC peeps!

It's Wednesday today and I'm here to share another layout showing
some more awesome products that Kylie has in store.


So firstly I chose a sheet of the very cool Ella & Viv graffiti paper.

And yep, I totally ruined it!

I put it to the side and was so disappointed in myself cos I had an idea in my mind and it totally did not work out!
Trying to choose another background paper, nothing worked with the image I was using
quite like the Graffiti paper did.
So grabbing it out again I thought I must be able to salvage it. surely.....

I applied gesso and some Dina wakley acrylic paint in Ruby to the background covering some of my mistake.
You can see how I do this in my video at the end of this blog post.

Next I played with stamps I recently purchased, Dina Wakley cling stamps to be exact.
these are so very, very cool and easy to play with.


On the background I also used a few Tim Holtz Remnant Rubs instead of more stamping.
It's been ages since I used rub-ons and these were awesome. Sticky and easy to rub.
They look just like a stamp.


Then for my layers behind my photo I used a few different things,
starting with a sheet from the Pink Paislee Memorandum pad.
I also used a Heidi Swapp fabric tag and a Heidi Swapp Color Magic notes (boy do I love these,
I just love applying colour to these with a baby wipe, with the resist on them, it just adds so much depth).


Then directly behind the photo I chose one of the We R Memory Keepers chipboard frames to frame my boy.
Because I chose one in the kraft, I stencilled over it with one of the same stencils I had used on the background.


And as with all my layouts, yep you guessed it, a splash of Liquitex Titanium white ink.

What are some of your favourite go-to products that you just cannot go without on a layout?

I would love you to check out my latest video of this layout as well.
My gorgeous son Jude composed the music for it. So it felt fitting to use a photo of him with his latest track.

I hope you enjoy, and will catch you all soon.
Have an awesome Wednesday.





Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment