Sunday 25 March 2018

Letters to My Daughters - Art Journalling with Feeling

Hi everyone
Marelle back again!

I have an art journal/"Letters to my Daughters" book and haven't added much to it lately - so I have promised myself I will add to it each month!

I altered a visual artist diary a few years ago and I write letters to my Daughters - sometimes it's the funny quotes they said as little girls, sometimes it is what I love about them right now, each page has a different story and is special to me.. ... I hope it will be special to my Daughters in years to come.

Here is a picture of what the book looks like and an example of some of the pages.

I used paint and texture paste through a Tim Holtz stencil to create the front and back covers.

I coloured gauze a little darker than the cover colour and attached metal embellishments : Journey : Strength : Knowledge.


The back cover









I love that Art Journalling does not have to be perfect - and also that Mia and Ella will have this memento of all the interesting and funny stories of love handwritten by me.

For this next double page in my Letters to my Daughters journal I used the gorgeous Vicki Boutin acrylic paint set from the shop - in this set are the colours: Orange Slice, Cotton Candy, Crushed Pineapple and Cherry Bomb. I wiped a small amount of each of these colours over the page using an old credit card. I allowed these pages to dry and started creating a background for my letters.

I keep discovering new paints in our shop - these are delicious and blend well! Another "must have" in your stash!

Next I used the gorgeous daisy Ken Oliver stamp randomly over the pages. Ken's stamps are so detailed and stamp beautifully. 


Here is the letter I wrote today as my Daughter was embarking on Year 10 at Senior School (1hr 15 away) after spending 10 years Prep - Yr9 at our local campus which is small and rural.

 

I hope you have enjoyed this small peek into my "Letters to my Daughters" Journal.

Happy crafting

Love
Marellex





No comments:

Post a Comment