Friday 9 March 2018

Why you must have a Gel Plate in your Art Stash.

Howdy Bloggers, Lisa here with a quick Friday mixed media update.

Today I'm sharing with you the benefits of owning a Gel Plate/Gelli Plate.
This week I jumped into my creative weekend by joining in on the 
Now, I am not one to join many challenges, as time is limited and commitment can fluctuate.
I can't imagine I will do the whole 31 days as this is a big month for me at work.
Nevertheless, it did inspire me to take out my Gel Plate and Brayer and 
create some super unique pieces of layered coloured paper goodness,
 ready to be used in various art journal pieces in the coming months of creative flow.



Do you own a gel plate?

Do you know what they are and do?

 Basically, a gel plate is a long-lasting gelatin-like plate that is durable,
 reusable and can be used for mono printing.
One can create unique pieces using a plethora of different mediums and tools.
More importantly, it is easy and fun.

This stash above and below was created in just three 15 minute sessions.


  Below are a few pieces I have created, using torn scraps from my gel prints.




This one below is in honor of International Women's Day.






  If you are an Instagram or Facebook friend,
 you would have seen my process video uploads for most of these pieces.
If not, definitely check them out.


Thanks so much for dropping by the Scrapping Clearly blog today.
I'll be back next week with a new mixed media update.
Have a creative weekend, and get your gel plate out and have a play.

Lisa xx


No comments:

Post a Comment