Saturday 17 March 2018

The Good Life with Melinda

Happy St Patricks Day to you lovely ScrappingClearly fans today!!

I don't really have anything green to share with you but there is SOME green
in my page today so I hope you enjoy!!


There is also a process video available over on the SC channel or just click play and sit back and enjoy!


I was sent a couple of these super awesome papers by Ella & Viv and WOW they are so vibrant, busy, and fun. I did hesitate for a while before jumping in to use either but chose the Boombox paper for my background, I thought it worked better with my photo, and I knew I wanted to play with some Distress Oxides!


Because that paper is so busy I used a relatively light coat of white gesso using my Prima 2" silicone brush to put a layer between my photo and the background where I could add some extra colour and kind of soften the busy-ness.
Kind of.....


I've used some black Versafine ink and done some background stamping
and then went in with the packaging technique and my Distress Oxides in Faded Jeans, Blueprint Sketch and Cracked Pistachio. I also pulled out Fossilized Amber which I ended up using for stamping, and added splatters after all the other colours were dried. I also decided to add some splatters with my Sunshine Colour Shimmer Pot because the yellow wasn't bright enough for me.


I used my Minc and some Gunmetal foil to create my title. I've used one one of the pieces from the Paper Phrases by Heidi Swapp - The Good Life - this photo is the perfect representation of my biggest boy totally in his element at a friend's place helping to look after their horses.


I have used some plain vellum to back my photo tearing the edges and layering it a little.


I decided I didn't need too much embellishing so went with some Heidi Swapp wood veneer which I made black using the same black ink from earlier, and a couple of the grey rubber charms from the You Rock collection by Cocoa Vanilla Studios.

When all my layers were stuck I wanted to lift the page so watered down a little white gesso and sprinkled away.

I added my journalling & date with my Fude Ball pen and my page was done!

Another little story told and in his album and I just love that fun back ground paper and loved the challenge I gave myself to use it!

Until next time, happy scrapping!!

Melinda






No comments:

Post a Comment