Saturday 20 November 2021

Read books make potions - Tag created by Tracey Thorne

 I had a bit of a theme going when I set myself up to scrap last week and it was making tags. This is the next one I created. I have a lot of bits and pieces floating around on my desk. Stamps that I have printed on tissue, pre stamped images etc... so this one came together beautifully using a range of AALL & Create stamps and this months moodboard colours.

To make the tag I have cut a piece of cardstock 14cm x 77cm and used a hole punch to add a hole at the top. I have then added all the base colours using Dylusions polished jade and vibrant turquoise . I have also added a splash of Distress oxide in peacock feather. Once dry I have used AALL & Create stamp #34 in two places using Ranger Archival Ink. 

 

The next part of the process was to add some tissue paper for texture. I have stamped the AALL & Create stamp #434 Newsprint numbers onto the tissue and then added this to the tag using some Liquitex Matte Gel medium.I have left the tissue go past the parameters of the tag instead of tearing them off flush with the edges. I have then added some extra texture using the AALL & Create stencil #39 Lotza Dotz and Liquitex modelling paste. I had a few blank spaces so I pulled out the AALL & Create stamp #396 Sewing forever and used the filigree section in those spaces.


A little black cotton was curled up before placing on some stamped medicine bottles from the AALL & Create stamp #387 Steampunk alchemist. I have coloured these using Prima Art Alchemy sparks acrylic paint in Iris Potion and a little water. One coat for the labels and a couple of extra coats for the bottle.

 

I have stamped and coloured this girl AALL & Create stamp #415 Good Book with water colour pencils and then added a little Glossy Accents to her eyes... love the glassy look. She was then layered over the books. I have typed up my quote before colouring and gluing in place.


 

This one was a lot of fun just grabbing things laying on my desk that I had pre stamped and not used on other projects. She is also super cute and ready to be added to my collection.

  I hope this has given you a little inspiration on what you can use with all those bits and pieces laying around on your desk after a big weekend of creating.


thanks for stopping by - have a great creative weeekend


tracey




No comments:

Post a Comment