Saturday 13 November 2021

November Moodboard Inspiration - butterfly tag by Tracey Thorne

Welcome to another Saturday. Last week I had a LIVE over on the Facebook page and created some wings on tissue.You can watch the process for this over here it starts around the 18 minute mark. I had hoped to use them on my layout but alas they just did not work. So I decided instead of them being a UFO on the craft desk I would use them in a little project - this is how they became a tag.

The first part of the process was to create the wings. I have added a little Distress Oxide - dusty concord with some Liquitex Light Modelling paste and with a palette knife pushed it through the  AALL & CREATE stencil Flutterby #98. I have then dried this with with a heat tool. 

I have cut a few tags out of a piece of white cardstock - 14cm x 7cm. The butterfly tag I opted not to cut off the corners and keep the tag rectangular in shape. I have then glued the tissue on to the cardstock using Matte Gel

 

 I have then started to colour the negative spaces of the butterfly using Neocolour watersoluble crayons. They have amazing colours and vibrancy. The colours I have used are - Greenish blue, Yellow green & Malachite green. I have also topped up the purple colour of the butterfly to help add to the vibrancy.

 

I used a Stabilo pencil to add a little more black around the outer edge of the butterfly to help define it and add a little shadow. I have then added some Dina Wakley Washi tape and then have stitched around the outer edge of the tag and over the washi. I have chosen a verse/quote sticker from the Tim Holtz Small Talk sticker book.


After putting it all together I wanted to add a little shimmer and Prima Art Alchemy Sparks paint was an ideal solution to this. I have added a little of Iris Potion to the underside of the wing and also up near the writing in the center of the card.

 

Thanks for popping in and checking  out how I have used the butterfly on tissue. 


Until next week enjoy your creative journey, 
test your boundaries 
and set yourself some amazing goals.


tracey








No comments:

Post a Comment