Friday 5 May 2017

Colour Paste and Stencils

Hey There Arty Peeps!
Peg here, stepping in for Lisa on Mixed Media Friday.

I've been revisiting my Colour Blast Pastes lately, using them up so they don't dry out on me (not just because I might want more *wink). Here is my latest page using them.


For my background I put Tangerine Dream and Sunshine through a Kaisercraft stencil, these stencils are nice and thick and work really well with pastes.


I also used Envy paste through a small Kaisercraft stencil on diagonal corners of my background. My title is made of some very old alpha stickers I coloured black with a paint marker. These stickers were so old they didn't quite want to stick so I machine stitched them to my page.


I stuck some green tissue paper with this awesome glue stick, then put my matted (on black card) photos on top. I also added some ruched tissue paper to the top right corner of the page. My quote and embellishment stickers are from this sheet. The Dusty Attic chippy branch was also coloured with my black paint marker and an alcohol marker to give it slightly more depth.


I added some colour to the heavy weight white card background by rubbing some Distress ink on with a sponge. As a finishing touch I splattered some black spots around the place with Dylusions ink spray.

This weekend I want to use up all my remaining Colour Blast pastes since I've noticed some of them are getting too sticky. Hopefully I'll have some more backgrounds to share soon.

Have a great weekend, stay arty,
'til next time,


1 comment: