Thursday 11 May 2017

Enjoy The View - with Melinda

Hi there ScrappingClearly fans, Melinda here with you today and I am sharing my take on the very fun May sketch challenge!

Here it is if you haven't seen it


I have changed it up a little and turned it onto it's side so my page is more like this


I also worked with a bigger photo and a less layers but love, love, love how this page turned out in the end!


I have used lots of pieces from the beautiful Teresa Collins Nine & Co range for this page and this stunning sunset photo from Easter 2017.

As you can see I have done some mixed media in the background and have used some beautiful Colour Blast Shimmer Sprays to create that fun, water-colour-y, sunset-y colour scheme.



And for title more Colour Blast goodies - this time Bling and Punch Embossing Powders. Oh, so pretty the way these 2 colours melted and mixed together <3 


For a few extra details I have added a number of the brads, trimmed up a little from each edge (this kinda had to happen - you can see what happened in my process video ;) ) and mounted onto a patterned paper from the collection and I have literally matched the stitching from the sketch onto my layout using gold thread.




There is a process available if you would like to see the whole page come together - the hiccups and all ;) Haha!! Just click on the button below and off you go!


I hope you enjoy my process and I hope you are inspired by the sketch and all of the DT samples to get your own entry in! Remember, you have until the end of the month to get your entries in for a voucher to spend in the store!

Happy scrapping, till next time!


Melinda
xx

Products used:


Heidi Swapp - Wanderlust - Enjoy The View Wood Veneer
Teresa Collins - Nine & Co - Shine 12" x 12" paper
Teresa Collins - Nine & Co - Sunburst 12" x 12" paper
Teresa Collins - Nine & Co - Decorative Brads
Colour Blast - Colour Shimmer Spray - Sunshine
Colour Blast - Colour Shimmer Spray - Tangereen Dream
Colour Blast - Colour Shimmer Spray - Bling
Colour Blast - Colour Embossing Powder - Bling

No comments:

Post a Comment