Wednesday 17 May 2017

Distress Oxide Cards - With Karyn Schultz!

Hi Scrapping Clearly Lovelies!!! 

It's Karyn here and today I'm showing some cards I made using Distress Oxide's available in the  Scrapping Clearly Store
I wanted to experiment with how they worked so I made a few different backgrounds for my cards. Warning: these ink pads are very addictive and you will find yourself wanting every colour lol! 

For the first card I stamped the ink pads direct to my craft mat, then spritzed with water, then smooshed my card on the inks. I did this a few times, drying off between each smoosh.
 

For the next card I stamped the ink pads direct to my craft mat, then spritzed with water, then I used a paintbrush to transfer some of the watery ink to a piece of plastic, then I smooshed the plastic onto my card. I did one colour at a time and carefully directed the ink where I wanted it to go.


 After I had completed this for each ink I let it dry then I added paint splatters of each colour - trying to splatter the same colour onto the "Smooshed" section. 
Once this had dried I added some stamping using the Fancy Pants Designs Golden Days stamp set   
Here are my finished cards. I matted my background card onto some coloured card then the card base. Then I added some of additional stamped images and a sentiment from my stash.
I just loved how this card turned out - the background was so pretty I didnt want to cover it up!! 
Here is the second card - how amazing does this background look - again it was far too pretty to cover up!
  
Scrapping Clearly products I've used include

Cardstock  
Distress Oxides ink pads (Fossilised Amber, Broken China, Peeled Paint) 
Fancy Pants Designs Golden Days stamp set 

Thanks so much for stopping by
Crafty Hugs xx

Karyn

No comments:

Post a Comment