Friday 26 May 2017

Keeping it Simple Scrappers- My Kiss approach to scrapping Masculine Photos.

Howdy Folks , Lisa Here with a Friday mixed media blog update .
I've been up in the beautiful New England region of NSW, Australia, 
getting arty with some super creatives and I do have to say , 
there is something about that region that does something to your creative mojo.
Well for me it got my flow happening and I pumped out 5 layouts ,2 art journal pages,one mini album and happily taught class with some very lovely, eager country ladies.
Today I am sharing 2 simple layouts completed for my old mate Erico and his boys.
We met just under 20 years, when he, an actor and his Belgian director mate were in Australia.
Now the internet and various social media platforms keep us all connected like never before and they share photos and stories with me , which makes scrapping extra fun.
When I am scrapping I like to keep it simple, the photo is the story,
especially on some of his impact shots.
a simple Joggles stencil with a little Dina Sky paint,
 a random doodle or 2 with my ,must have, Fude ball black journal pen
a few simple embellishments and this baby fell together.
I really do love this photo of Rico and his boys ,
 the eldest is already following his dads lead and has joined the acting profession and will be 
featuring in The Happy Prince , an upcoming British biographical drama film about Oscar Wilde,
 written and directed by Rupert Everett
The film stars Everett, Colin FirthColin MorganEmily Watson, and Tom Wilkinson.
I am very excited and do hope that it come this way, so the family can check it out ,
 and I can see him work with the amazing Beatrice Dalle ( Betty Blue )

Just sliding another simple layout in , another featuring my entertaining friend,
during a trip to Ibiza.A seriously cool underwater photo that has to be scrapped .
Starting with Marshmellow Bazzill cardstock and a few smears using my awesome heavy duty Liquitex palette knife from Scrapping Clearly with gorgeous Dina Wakley Media acrylic paint ,I laid a lovely painty foundation,then laying a Wing stencil over the paint I rubbed back 
,spread and removed the wet paint to fill the stencil image .
When dry,my white posca pen, and black fude added some extra background interest points,before matting the photo, adding some fun embellies,a title and an little journal details 

Thanks so much for dropping by the SC blog ,
I'll be back next week with a burst of colour , using my new Vicki Boutin Journal and inlays .
I'm in a colourful creative frenzy atm, and had to be dragged from the table to sleep last night .
Back to it today and lots of bright fun coming your way.
Stay tuned Bloggers 

Lisa x


1 comment:

  1. What great layouts. Very fun and boyish. I really like how your backgrounds have turned out.

    ReplyDelete