Monday 22 May 2017

This Made Me Laugh with Melinda Sweetman

Hi there ScrappingClearly followers, Melinda here with you today with my take on the very fun May 2017 mood board. This was also designed by the very talented Peg and after much deliberation I came up with a fun page that I am really happy with!

First up, the mood board


And here is the page I created


This is a photo of hubby from our honeymoon (back in 2008) and one of the King Prawns we enjoyed at one of the places we ate out at. I chose this photo because I really wanted to challenge myself to somehow incorporate that fish!! Easy enough to run with the colours but man that fish stumped me for a while! My mind started wandering and wandered right along to this exact photo and the story I wanted to tell that goes along with it. My husband DOES NOT eat prawns!! Haha! But this night I think between the 2 of us we ate 2 or possibly 3 of these King Prawns and we both loved them!


Here you can see all that messy fun in the background!! I love how it came together and I used the awesomely cool and fun Scribble Sticks by Dina Wakely in Ruby, Tangerine, Lemon and Night. These things, if nothing else, are super fun to work with. I watched another scrappers tutorial process video which gave me a couple of ideas but I did play a bit too to get the feel of how best they work! And indeed, dipping the scribble stick into some water and scribbling onto the page was the best way to get a vibrant colour!
Oh, and I did apply a quick coat of white gesso to help the colours move.


I've also used some of the fun watercolour stickers by Vicki Boutin, the arrows and the word Laugh. Love how they came out, however, a heads up, don't add LOTS of water, the paper will pill up!! Lesson learned ;)



I have used the gorgeous Teresa Collins Nine & Co range for all my embellishing and all the paper layers. Oh, and that cute camera paper clip by American Crafts.

There is a process video for this page, just click below and enjoy!


That's it for me for today, so have fun and remember you still have a little over a week to get your entries in for both the sketch and the mood board challenges!!

Thanks for stopping by,


Melinda

Product List

Dina Wakely - Scribble Sticks
I used Ruby, Tangerine, Lemon and Night
Teresa Collins - Nine & Co - 12" x 12" paper - Hearts
Teresa Collins - Nine & Co - 12" x 12" paper - Perfect (both A & B Sides)
Teresa Collins - Nine & Co - 12" x 12" paper - Sunburst
Teresa Collins - Nine & Co - 12" x 12" paper - Ombre (Background border)
American Crafts Gold Camera Paper Clip
Vicki Boutin - Watercolour Stickers

1 comment: