Saturday 24 February 2024

Whimsical Monsters and Junque Journalling

 Why hello there Saturday morning...

Let's start of Saturday with my take on this week's ATC prompt. 

Whimsical Monsters - Invent your own whimsical monster and bring it to life.

well... I didn't create my own, instead I used a stamp. so, you know, same same but different. 

Keep it Real

an Octopus Bride is whimsical and monstery isn't it... 
I started off by sticking down some Rice Paper from the Lucky Findings Butterfly Effect pack. 
Then I got out my crackle paste (it's almost dead so I'm trying to resurrect it) and used it like I would with Gesso and scrapped it on in places. 
then I stamped the image onto some tissue paper and added it to the background. 
Coloured it in using watercolour pens and some distress oxide inks (supply list at the end). 
stitched around the outside and added a title. 
ATCs don't need to be complicated just fun. 
and here is the whole piece. 
and of course.. what does it look like in my little album/book.


I also thought I would jump on and tell you about the Junque Journal Kits. 

I purchased the January one. You see I'm still finding my way back to creating regularly and I've found that kits/instructions have been helping. 

and well the January Junque Journal Kit is freaking awesome. 
I'll share my completed one in another post

(Code for once I've actually finished it).

but.. what I wanted to say is that even though there are instructions and majority of the items needed. You only have to dig into your own supply for the mediums and glues really - unless you're like me and go off on a tangent. 

and just so you can see what I'm talking about, I thought I would share a page from it. 

on the left is the image that was to be created... 
on the right is where I ended up. 
I mostly followed the instructions, but I will be totally honest. When colouring the flower, I broke it (as in, I absolutely freaking hated what I did). So, I had to come up with an alternative. 
I looked through my stash and found this image that was from a Banksy calendar that I was given. I just cut it down to size (it still has a flower) and added it along with my usual words. For me a creative piece isn't finished unless it has words... 
Then, the background wasn't grungy enough, so I added black paint, washi tape and some other bits to get to a stage where I liked what I had created. 

As you can see, even though you are following an amazing kit there is still lots of room to add your own personal flair. If you're looking for a little something to kick off your creativity, then I highly recommend them.
Junque Journal Kits are released monthly and they are amazing!!!!!.

Supply list:
keep it real (ATC)
There's only 1 left.. but pre-order for any other month!!!. do it. 

until next week
Live with Respect



Leanne xo 






No comments:

Post a Comment