Saturday 10 February 2024

February Palette Play and ATC - Underwater World

 Happy Saturday! Yep, it's me back again.

Today I am going to start out with my interpretation of the February Palette Play - Nature's Bounty.

Ok, so this palette play is called Nature's Bounty but I went the other way. When I look at these colours I see RUST. Beautiful Rust.
I started off with a piece of Ella & Viv Paper - Graffiti - The Blues and swiped on some black paint. I love black paint, or black stitching, or stabillo all black pencil - anything black to add to the page.  (complete supply list at the end of the post)
I then swiped on some Crackle Paste (I like to use the crackle paste like others would use white gesso).
added some Distress Oxides for extra colour.  
I also cut out the Fuel Bowsers from a Ciao Bella Papercraft - Gas Station Rice paper.
Continued with the theme and incorporating more colour from the colour palette. Utilising some Lindy's Shakers on some old school Heidi Swap Colour Magic Circle diecuts that have the resist on them. 
How cool did they end up!!! so easy to use and awesome splash of colour.
I layered a heap of embellishments (links below). 

Yep. You guessed it. I used a photo of a classic old truck that I took many years ago. 
I used the black and white image to pop from the background and allows all the little bits and pieces to shine through. 
Layers and staples. 
and now for the complete piece. 
"Discover - To be Preserved"
Yep, it does look a little different from the Nature's Bounty Colour inspiration palette but in the end it is all about the inspiration and letting the piece take you where you need to go. 

So now lets go from Nature and Rust to... 

Underwater World - ATC

Explore the depths of the ocean with aquatic theme. 
 
This time I started with a magazine image transfer and then layered up from there using a Tim Holtz small stencil and some Liquitex Light modeling paste. 
added in some Oxide In and finished it off with some stitching and a word that I cut from a magazine.
These ATCs don't have to take long or be overly complicated.
They just have to be fun. 
Love
And finally, how it looks in the ATC album/book that I made. 

Materials List:
Discover - to be Preserved - 
Underwater World - Love
Until next time. 
Live with Respect.


Leanne xo 


No comments:

Post a Comment