Thursday 29 September 2022

'The World Needs Who You Were Made To Be' by Emma Zappone

Happy Thursday everyone.
Em with you today, sharing another quick Art Journal spread.
I created on my Art by Marlene Journal as I love to be able to take the pages out to create with.
Check out the process here in my video ....



I used some awesome products for this one. And I'm just addicted to Rub-ons so this one features the stunning Finnabair rub transfers.



The background is a mix of texture, using the Finnabair 'mind games' stencil with gold crackle paste and then I added black gesso through a letter & alpha stencil I had in my stash. 



I then added a couple of Distress Oxides to the background to create a shadow effect behind the composition. The colours used are Forest Green and Old Linen.



The large focal point is one of the larger rub-ons and to compliment this image I rubbed a few cogs onto the background also. 
Then I layered with elements from Tim Holtz's ephemera. It has sooooo many awesome 'bits' to use. 



Now the title was one large title from Tim Holtz and I cut it up. I love how it looks more home grown once I cut it up, uneven sizes really add to the journal effect I feel. 



Thank you so much for joining me today. And I do hope you enjoy the process video too.




Have a great week and I will see you all again soon.

Em xx




 







No comments:

Post a Comment