Tuesday 12 April 2022

Let's get messy by Tracey B

 Hi everyone

Here is another layout based on this month's mood sketch.

I started as I often do with a 'waste' background.   By waste I mean waste not.   I have a lot of pages on the go where that little bit of left over medium gets whacked on.


I then built up the background with more mixed media.

I pressed some Distress Oxide (Mermaid Lagoon) onto my messy mat, gave it a spritz of water and then lay a Vicki Boutin Bubbles Color Study stencils in it.   I then lay the stencil onto the layout, ink side down leaving the stencil in place.

I lay another piece of card stock over the top and gave it all a quick rub to catch any ink that had squished out from the stencil.   This page then becomes the start of another 'waste' background!

  With the stencil still in place I blended through some distress ink (Mustard Seed).

I carefully lifted the stencil, gave it a spritz of water (on both sides) and 'kissed' (ie touched lightly) onto another 'waste' background, flipping the stencil over to make sure I got all the goodness off.   

I grabbed on old empty toilet roll and stamped with it using the little left over Mermaid Lagoon on my messy mat.   

I had used the actual chain from the 2 Crafty Chained Circle Frame chipboard but kept the waste (are you sensing a theme!) which I coated with a Posca pen (Fuchsia).

I matted my photo with Heidi Swapp Pineapple Crush (Sun Chaser) patterned paper and added a few embellishments

Heidi Swapp fabric bow

Jillibean Soup stickers

Heidi Swapp Favorite Things puffy stickers

and Jillibean Soup alphas (Watermelon gazpacho soup).


here's the finished page 




Looking forward to seeing what you create.

TFL
cheers
Tracey





No comments:

Post a Comment