Saturday 30 April 2022

Just so funny created by Tracey Thorne

 Oh my gosh - how cool are the colours of this months moodboard. I started this 12x 12 layout not realising it worked in with Aprils moodboard colours - and I am loving it!

I have started my layout with a base of white cardstock and to that I have smeared some Dylusions Acrylic paint - Peony blush with a spatula across the page. I have then added a stencil and with a wet cloth have wiped some of the paint away to leave a resist look.


I have then got into my stash of Stampers Anonymous stamps. I love these stamps - my layout ended up being a bit of a unleash the goodness of Tim Holtz & Stampers Anonymous on this page.  Most have been used as background stamping with a Ranger Archival Ink in black. The flowers that I have stamped have been fussy cut and coloured using Prima watercolour 07 - Icy blue and a Cobalt blue acrylic paint that has been watered down for application.
These are the stamps that I have used on the page:-
Grunged - CMS 402
Botanical Sketch - CMS 216
Watercolour - CMS 217
Flower Garden CMS 215

I have used the Grunge stamps to frame the photo and its embellishments along with a few of the other 'marking' type stamps.



I have used Vicki Boutin Colour Study paper pad to use as layers under my photo. I have then added some black spot printed paper to add to those layers and an oldie in Sassafrass Lass to help with those layers. I have then layered the pre-stamped flowers that I have coloured under each corner and added a couple of paper ephemera quote cards and puffy stickers.

 

I have combined two older Thickers fonts and then used a Dymo embossing labeller to punch out a little extra journalling. To create the edge I have cut down the white page and glued it down to a contrasting piece  of cardstock. To that I have added a Heidi Swapp large photo corner and some Washi tape which I have then sewn a line border with black thread.


I love this fun layout about two of my favourite people. I hope it helps you create something special with this months moodboard too.



Enjoy the weekend - dust off something in your stash you haven't used in a long time... create and enjoy the art of creation.

tracey















No comments:

Post a Comment