Saturday 13 April 2019

...and you scare people


Because I am loving the colours of the moodboard this month I have decided to do a large index card. I started doing these a couple of years ago with Leanne Jago at a retreat we were at in Melbourne - amazing artist - if you get a chance look her up her work is amazing and very inspirational. We chose a list of 100 words to use as prompts – I am just a tad behind but in keeping with the moodboard theme colours and my love of making a mess here it is in all its glory 


I used gesso to prime the card before I started then everything goes a little hazy. You see I tend to pre-prep pages and cards - so it eludes me if I have used Dylusions spray inks or Ken Oliver colourburst concentrated powders - whichever it was they worked a treat. I let it pool naturally and set it aside to dry. Tick tock tick tock.… if you are in a hurry you can always use your heat gun - but I find this moves those beautiful little pools of intensified colour.




I had a pre cut filigree piece that I cut in half and sprayed one half with Dylusions vibrant turquoise and the other half was painted black. I also used an ALLs pencil around the outer border. 


From the Filigree cut out that I layered on top of each other I ran some Dina Wakley media tape and used a set of eyes from the Paula MacMillan Perich pack that I secured off the lovely Lisa Oxley at one of the Retreats we frequent. I then set up my Tim Holtz idealogoy cling stamps on a block and stamped out the quote - I am loving the versatility of these stamps.




I then used the Alls pencil and went over the alpha to give it a little more definition. At the same time I used a little water around the outer border to help blend the border into the washed look of the inks. 


 I completed the page by adding some cotton under a metal embellishment and the rest of the quote was typed and added before adding a  little more ALLs pencil to help blend it in to the work.


The completed work all finished – and I am loving this quote

and you
you scare people
because you are whole all by yourself. 


have fun this weekend with the April moodboard & get messy 
Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment