Saturday 21 July 2018

Me - Layout with Emma



Happy weekend SC peeps,
Today I'm sharing a page that is again inspired by this months moodboard.
I chose to use flowers, the painted stripe background and some of the colours.



To start this layout I chose a sheet of Heidi Swapp pineapple crush paper in good vibes.
And then using some light paste stuck down ripped pieces of Postale Tissue wrap by Tim Holtz.


Now to get my colour, using 5 different paints (these included Dylusions Rose Quartz and Mushy Peas, Art Anthology Dimensional Paint in Baby Blue Eyes, and Art alchemy Opal magic and Sparks Unicorn Hair) I dotted along the area I wanted colour and then spread them across the tissue paper with an old credit card.


I wasn't going to stamp but I really didn't like how square it felt so I just stamped lightly with 2 stamps.


It also added a little interest to the page.
Now because I had decided on flowers, most of mine are white, so I sprayed them with a few matching sprays (an old Heidi swapp colour shine, A Kaiser Mist, and a Dylusions ink Spray in Vanilla custard for a bit of yellowy contrast).


And then proceeded to do the same with the chipboard, using the same paints as on the base paper.


Now to start creating the layout.
Firstly I foamed up the photo, so that I could put flowers and fabric up under.
Then I placed my flowers...


  
I also cut and tucked in the chipboard in amongst the flowers.
The whole time I was creating this page I knew I was going to use a few of the Tim holtz small talk stickers I have, I have the Snarky ones cos I kinda think sarcasm is funny.
So I added some of these around my page, plus for my title 'me' I used some Heidi Swapp glitter letter stickers.



I also tucked in a flair from Heidi Swapp, a page sometimes is not complete without one.
 Then to finish it all off, I got some Gesso and watered it down and painted over some of the brighter flowers and over the stickers, to blend it all together, and then I watered it down a little more and flicked it over everything.


That's it! Page complete!

There is still a week left of this month, so still plenty of time to play with our moodboard. I would love to see what you create and to see what inspired you from the board.

Have a fabulous weekend and I'll catch you all next month.

Happy scrapping, Em xx


















5 comments:

  1. Love this Emma, gorgeous 🤗👌🏻💝

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the step by step Emma, love this page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Emma love your style .. an the colours are amazing in this layout . Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the brightness of the flowers that you have coloured!

    ReplyDelete