Tuesday, 1 September 2026

The Great Indoors - Australian - Inspired Mixed-Media Scrapbook Layout

 Hi everyone and happy crafting Tuesday

Another month (where is this year going?) and another colour 

Hello creative friends! Today I’m sharing “The Great Indoors,” a humorous mixed-media scrapbook layout inspired by the colours and textures of the Australian bush. I used eucalyptus green, natural stone, copper and rusty finishes to complement the wildlife photograph and create plenty of earthy texture.



Here's a layout inspired by the great outdoors - just wish the wildlife would stay out there!



I began with the gum leaf stencil and Bundled Sage and Pumice Stone Distress Inks to establish the soft botanical background. Limestone Stone Effects Paste added raised texture, while 13@rts Rusty Powder and Simon Hurley Lunar Paste introduced the aged copper details.

 Products I've used include:

Gum leaf stencil with Distress ink (Bundled Sage & Pumice Stone)

Stone Effects paste (Limestone) and stencil

13 @rts rusty powder

Lunar Paste - Refined copper and brick stencil

Tim Holtz film strip

Heidi Swapp Oh What Fun chipboard

Heidi Swapp bow

Heidi Swapp Jumbo tag


Film strip, chipboard, a jumbo tag and a fabric bow completed the layered design. The combination of natural colours, metallic highlights and playful embellishments makes this a fun interpretation of an Australian-inspired scrapbook page.


TFL

cheers

Trace




No comments:

Post a Comment