Saturday 6 April 2024

The Spice of my Life and some self-expression

 Happy Saturday to all. 

Can't believe we are in April already and we are all probably still on a chocolate high.

Grab a cup of tea or coffee, Glass of Wine or spirits and sit back and enjoy.  

I am here to share my take on this month's Palette Play - Vintage Charm

Greys, pale vintage browns, pinks and maybe some light blues. 
It is all about interpretation and how does this palette make you feel. 
This palette reminds me of Tim Holtz paper dolls. 
I must admit that I am a collector of Tim's paper dolls and have a few series of them. 
I knew I didn't want to do a scrap page and I remembered a few blank pages in my journal from Last November's Lucky Findings Retreat. 
I had some brown tissue paper that I got after I purchased a kit from Emma. 
It was the perfect start to this piece. 
I then use two different circle type stencils (one Kinder Kreations and the other I have no idea who it is from) and two different colours of oxide inks to create a background (see supply list). 
I then added some vintage acetate hot air balloons along the top, just to emphasize the vintage feel. 
I then grabbed some bits and pieces from the Halloween 2023 collection and started layering things. 
I knew I wanted to use wings and usually I would use butterfly wings but in the halloween collection there were BAT wings.. So bat wings it was. 
the top circle was too bright for this page. So, I added some clear crackle and then rubbed in some Dina Wakley Elephant paint to add that grey but also dull it down a little. 
During the layering process, I decided I wanted more. More layers and colours. 
So, I added some ephemera pieces from 49 & Market. 
and then it needed more texture. Muslin and thread covered that part. 
it still needed more, so I added some Resin Paper from my stash. I really do need to make some more resin paper because I am almost out. 
then, I added the bat boy and quotes to finish it off. 

The Spice of my Life





And here the piece is in its rightful spot in the Art Journal. 


Are you bored now? 
or
Ready for the next installment? 

well... too bad because I also have to share this week's ATC.
Prompt: Abstract Expressionism: experiment with abstract art and self-expression.
Yep. this one was fun.
I created the background using some tissue paper, some black antiquing cream spritz with water to make it spread out where it wanted to, and then one of my favourites - Oil Pastel through a stencil and heated. 
So that was the abstract part...

                              
now for the self-expression part.
Yep, another Tim Holtz paper doll.
I love this little girl, she is so spicy. 
I wanted to add some colour to her dress and shoes. I used some Neocolours and water to let it do it's thing to create colour and texture. 
to finish this ATC off, a snarky quote was exactly where this needed to go.
(I was proud of myself, I really felt like a swear word but instead I just left it with snarky).

I may be wrong, but I doubt it.
some close ups.

and it added to the Album.
It is now full. 
So, I will be making another album to store the next installments of the 52 weeks of ATCs.

Supply list: 
The Spice of My Life:
I may be wrong, but I doubt it...
Ok. Now you can breathe.
thanks for visiting.

until next time
Live with Respect.  


Leanne xo 













No comments:

Post a Comment