Saturday 13 April 2024

Hello, my name is Jane

Good morning, Scrapping Clearly family.

it is a new weekend. 

a time of creativity, family, and possibly wine, but for now it is time for my weekly share.

week 15 - Surreal Portraits: create a surreal portrait of a fictional character

I started the journey thinking of using some book paper as the background. So, I went to my stash and found my 


I found this book ages ago and have been using it here and there. 
it is a collection of pieces from the Ladybird book of children - the makers of the famous Peter and Jane books.
I for one have fond memories of learning to read from these.. hahaha no I didn't. 
I have memories of being made to read out loud in front of others. They were very far from fond. 
ps. still have nightmares about that. 
pps. i think that's where my social anxieties come from.
I did start with sticking some book paper down and then layered some rice paper from the Lucky foundations - Aged Vine collection. 
but that didn't work because i couldn't see the book paper. 
so i added some more to the top. 
Then i searched the boys and girls book and chose the fictional character of Jane to create a surreal portrait of.
the surreal part was the hardest. 
i knew i was going to add a butterfly somewhere.
so i just layered and then used a stabilo all pencil to create an outline around the new figure. 
then finished it off with the words; Hello, my name is Jane. 
made from words from the book. 
I love the texture in the face for this. 
the legs are from a magazine 
i couldn't find a 'hello' anywhere but i had this clear sticker so i just stuck it on some book paper and wallah... 
you know that I also added some stitching to keep things consistent

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment