Saturday, 30 March 2019

Altered Card Play

Good morning everyone I hope you have had an opportunity to create something using the March moodboard as there are only a couple of days left in this month to get your entry in over on the Facebook page. I got super messy with making some Giant Altered Playing Cards last night and incorporated some of those moodboard colours from the prompt.

These cards are huge... I think the only ones I have seen this big before this were the ones that Heidi Swapp brought out in her range quite a few years ago. These ones are 7" x 4.75" and to prep them I gave them a light sand.

 Card A I used glued tissue paper with Express It glue and rolled it out using a small brayer.
Card B I used some brown wrapping paper that came in my order from Scrapping Clearly - nothing is ever wasted especially when your packing paper from Kylie is this cool.

 CARD A                                                CARD B

 I have used this awesome Carabelle - Abstract flowers and leaves printing plate with some Ranger black ink on CARD A and then added Liquitex texture paste tinted with Dylusions After Midnight ink spray through a dot stencil.

                                                           CARD A

 I have added some fabric tape to the side of Card B and then used a little Liquitex texture paste through a Kinder Kreations Eggsaturated stencil. 


 Dina Wakley Media Tape was used on Card A. I then got a little crazy with the Dylusions spray on that amazing paper on Card B which then rendered it a not good  OMG moment... so out came some more texture paste to lighten things up and this time I used the Kinder Kreations Artist brushes stencil. After this I added a little muslin in prep for the quote. 

  CARD A                                                CARD B

Time to add a few more little bits and pieces ... 
On Card A I added some stamping using the Lavinia stamps fairy barnacle  and a quote was aslo stamped on from Dina Wakley Media stampsOn Card B I used Stampers Anonymous Random Quotes range and coloured in the word creativity using Dylusions Pomegranate Seed ink spray. I have also used an ALLS pencil around the edge and a little water. 

  CARD A                                CARD B

They next layers added were 
Card A - Heidi Swapp photo frames, twine, tag, Dina Wakley Scribbly insects stamps and Heidi Swapp wood veneer word (today).
Card B - 7 Gypsies stamp (note), Dina Wakley media tape (face), enamel number plate, stitching. 

These are the finished Cards. 

  CARD A                                                                 CARD B

I started the year wanting to make a playing card a week and I am definitely a few behind - but that is okay because the catch up is always the fun part. Have a fun & messy creative weekend.


No comments:

Post a comment