Thursday 17 May 2018

I Love My Job with Melinda Sweetman

Hey, hey scrappers! It's Melinda here with you today sharing my latest creation!


You can find the process video for this one over here on the ScrappingClearly YT channel. Make sure you subscribe and hit the little bell button so anytime someone uploads you will be notified!

I started this page by diving into my ScrappingClearly stash and found these awesome Heidi Swapp September Skies papers that really spoke to me. I had fussy cut that big floral piece from Beautiful Bouquet quiet some time ago and it sat and sat and sat and now it is stuck!!


I also had partial sheets of both the Mountain Trail (B side) and Light Spectrum and thought they worked really well together with the floral so there was my base!

I have added in some mixed media, of course and started with some Scribble Sticks and the packaging technique and then I grabbed my Distress Oxide Ink in Carved Pumpkin and got more of the colour I was after.


I have used a couple of strips of washi from the Teresa Collins Urban market washi pack to break up the patterns and work as my neutral.

I added in some splatters using the Scribble Sticks in Tangerine and I made a mix of Night, Umber and Black for the darker blue splatters.

A couple of paper layers behind my photo using more of the Heidi Swapp papers and also the Teresa Collins Something Wonderful "Printed Paper".


My title was built with these Heidi Swapp Black Glitter chippy alphas and these Teresa Collins Something Wonderful Word Stickers.


I finished off with one of the Heidi Swapp puffy stickers from this pack and a few word strips from my box of goodies.



Lots of journalling and my page was done! I love the bright colours of this collection and love how all those bold and bright patterns still worked together to create a page I am happy with!

Remember, documenting us and our stories, both big and small, are just as important in our albums as everyone else's story so when an idea jumps into your head, run with it ;)

I hope I have inspired you to put some new patterns together, or perhaps even to tell one of your stories! Please remember to share over in the ScrappingClearly Share & Inspire group, we love seeing your creations!

Until next time, happy scrapping!

Melinda

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful page! I always loved this HS range too.

    ReplyDelete