Friday 25 May 2018

Art Journaling Abstract Florals

Howdy folks , Lisa here with a Friday Mixed Media update .
Today I'm sharing with you a few consecutive pieces I have created for the #100daysproject.
Inspired by SurjFineArts from You Tube, these abstract floral pieces take very little time at all to create and produce such a lovely overall look.

Here is the original video I watched.


 Truly such wonderful pieces to warm up with if you have all day to create,
 or if you have just 15 mins,
either way this technique is a wonderful addition to your creative arsenal of easy prompts.

A pot of heavy thick gesso is a bonus if you have it,
 as a layer on your substrate helps the flow of the paint over the surface.
I have used a Dylusions art journal and water colour paper for these pieces.
Its then just a simple build up of cool coloured acrylic paints creates the background.
Carving lines into your paint with a palette knife to create stems and grasses,
and completing the pieces with smears of acrylic colour to represent the floral elements.
Really a very simple process.
Here are a few examples of how I interpreted the video.










Thanks for dropping by the Scrapping Clearly Blog. 
I hope you are inspired to give these a whirl, I could seriously just paint this style forever.
I'll be back next week with a new mixed media update.
Have a creative weekend.


Lisa x 

1 comment: