Saturday 26 May 2018

Lots of layers - Scrapbook page with DT Katie

Good Morning, good morning! And how are we all travelling today? Personally I am recovering from injuring my back (don't ask me what I did, because I still don't know... do you have that happen?) and sitting for long periods is still a little bit difficult. But apart from that all is good in my world. Today I am popping in to share a page filled with layers of scrappy goodness using some gorgeous Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Gather collection. So let's start with my page, which shows a couple of photos of our highly amusing cat Eddie and two of my kids.


I had fun layering with chipboard, acetate, papers and ephemera, and it is so easy to do when you work with a matching collection. I started with Love for my background, this has a quote printed on it, but with careful placement of my photos and the like you wouldn't even know it was there! So keep that in mind if you find yourself with a 12x12 paper with writing on it, you don't necessarily need to see that writing!
I then proceeded to mat my photos building up patterned paper layers with: Details, Jane and Favorite.  I cut a patterned square from the gold foiled acetate sheet which gives you a 3x3 square and cut this in half so I could layer this under my photos but on top of the patterned paper. Cutting pieces into smaller bits and tucking in on two sides of a photo block is a great way to make your supplies go further, or for when you only have a small amount of something left to use. Once this base was done and secured to the background I started adding embellishments. There were some great acetate flowers in the ephemera pack as well as some tags that I tucked in behind the photo block. There is lots of great chipboard on the 12x12 chipboard sheet and in the thicker accents as well. I chose some of these pieces and created clusters, including one at the bottom left to balance the photo grouping.

 

I love adding the bits of gold glitter chipboard, it gives texture, dimension and sparkle!

Tags are a great thing to tuck in as layers, I cut the bottom half off to save for something else. Remember you can make your own tags quickly and easily from patterned paper too if you don't have the ephemera pack. All of the papers are at hand if you get the 12x12 paper pad.


With the bottom cluster I started with a tag added chipboard pieces and a bow from the embellishment pack and then cut out the foiled flower from the acetate sheet, which I tucked under the tag. That is another thing to remember, you can cut things out and cut things up to work with your page!

To finish I added some gold splatters using the bright gold liquitex ink, this is my go to for gold splatters, and a great substitute for HS colour shine if you are looking for a replacement! And I used the word cute from the thicker accents for my title. Why think too hard when there are so many words already available!

So that is it from me for today, thanks for stopping by.

Katie x





1 comment:

  1. Katie I love this layout - especially the gold Liquitex paint!

    ReplyDelete