Wednesday 23 May 2018

Farewell and Thank You with Melinda

Well, I would be lying if I didn't say that this post was a little hard to write however, the time has come for me to step away from ScrappingClearly. 

Before I go any further I firstly want to thank Kylie for the incredible opportunity she gave me when she offered me a spot on this Design Team back in February of 2016. You can see my intro post over on this link!

Over the course of my time here I have not only had so much fun but I have learnt a lot, been inspired by some incredibly talented designers on the team and oh boy, has my heart been filled with such joy seeing all of your kind comments and more importantly, learning I have inspired something in you to create!!

I am not sharing anything new with you today but sharing some of my faves from my time on this amazing team. I will link to each post so if you'd like to go back and read/see more you can and I will also link to any process video's that I have shared so grab a cuppa and come on a bit of a ride back in time with me! Oh, and these are not in any particular order ;)


First up, this is not only one of my fave layouts for this team it is one of my all time, absolute favourites layout of  EVER. My boys in their most "them" pose, a simple page with a love note of sorts tucked in behind the photo for them as they grow up. Blog post for this is here.


This PL page I designed with my very first DT kit from Kylie and I still love this range. This is our closing page in our 2015 PL album. Blog post is here.


I'm not sure what it is I love about this page but I do love it! I think because it is so soft and feminine and for me, I know that stretches my creativity. Blog post is here.


This one was around the time I stopped despising fussy cutting quiet as much as I use to! Those florals are just gorgeous and as soon as I saw them I heard them beg me to cut them out!! Blog post is here. Process video is here.


This chalkboard heart Heidi Swapp marquee piece. It still hangs on my door to my craft room. 
You can see the blog post for this one here.


A page about me. This was created in 2016 and the photo was on my 36th birthday in July. 
Blog post can be seen here. And YT process video can be seen here.


This one was for a challenge as and I really love the simplicity and colour scheme! Blog post can be seen here and process video is here.


This page was done as I was really finding my feet with mixed media. I created this page for a fun CC that we did at ScrappingClearly and it was my challenge piece - from memory - a colour challenge and I just love this page! No blog post for this one! But there is a process video here.


An art journal page! My confidence has certainly grown in mixed media and honestly, I feel most confident when I am making a mess ;) This was also done for a CC. One of the challenges was a top 10 challenge and I chose my top 10 movies and really love how this turned out! Blog post is here. And process video is here.


Another scrapbook page and this one was done this year - in fact I made it for the February challenge and I just really love the way it came out! Blog post is here and process video is here.


And last, but not least, my minc mini album. Something WAY out of my comfort zone. Something so not "my thing" but I really love how it turned out. In fact, I love it so much that perhaps (maybe!!) I may create a few more as times goes on!! These photo's of my youngest, though I have them printed at 6x6 and in his album, I have not really done anything with so I love that they now have this special little album. Blog post can be seen here and there is also a process video here.

That is it for me!

Once again, a massive thank you to not only Kylie but to all of the other girls, both past and present, on the DT, you have made my journey so much fun and the support we have all shared has been incredible! 

Also, a big thank you to all of my supporters, your kind words mean so much and I really am grateful. Though this is goodbye to the team I will still be around in the Share & Inspire group and maybe I will even play along with some future challenges!

Melinda

2 comments:

  1. Sad to see you go, it's been a great team with you on board, love your creations and hope to still see them around the interwebs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad to see you go Melinda thanks for all your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete