Saturday 23 March 2024

Cultural Fusion

 

hi all and welcome to Saturday.
It is ATC share day. 
Week 12 prompt is Cultural Fusion: blend elements from different cultures in your artwork. 

I knew exactly where I wanted to start. I have had this piece of paper in my stash for ages. I am pretty sure the amazing Gayle Price gave it to me. 
I took a little strip off the side and stuck it down with gel medium. Added another little strip of paper to add some more something to it.
Obviously, the piece of paper with the strip ripped off of it. 
after that I stuck down one of the Dina Wakely Collage Faces over the top. 
Love how you can see the background through it. 
I then added a piece of Purple (Yep Purple... lucky it was left over from the January Junque Journal kit)
layered with a couple of stamps from one of the 49 & Market ticket essentials rolls.
I then stitched everything together around 3 of the edges and I really wanted to have some longer pieces at the bottom. 
I then added a piece of resin book paper and a little saying stapled on top.
Then added a little drizzle of Liquitex Ink. 
and Yep..... Finished. Simple and easy. 
Not a Race 

I love stitching and leaving the strings at the ends. Love the texture. 

Supplies:

Until next week

Live with Respect

Leanne xo

1 comment:

  1. Love it !! The paper is Chinese josh paper….. I think they burn it at funerals…… I love how you’ve used it . . Beautiful page .

    ReplyDelete