Saturday 6 January 2024

Make Today Count - ATC series and Book

Hi all and welcome to 2024. 

WOW what a year ahead has already been started here at Scrapping Clearly. 2024 certainly looks to be the year of creativity and I love love what is in store for all of us. I am especially excited for the weekly ATC prompts. 

I have set myself a few ground rules for the ATC prompts and this is just for me, but I think it will help to kick start the creative hiding and just dying to get out. What are my rules you ask:

  1. Allow yourself the freedom to create weekly.
  2. Aim to make this quick - 15 minutes to create each ATC. 
  3. Don't Overthink them (anyone who knows me knows that I am an overthinker)
  4. Interpret the prompt - you don't have to follow the exact description.
  5. Complete them all. 
  6. oh, and the only consistent thing throughout is to have stitching of some description. 
So that's my rules. Then I overthought things... What did I do you ask? 

Well, I have cut out the whole 52 blank cards from some water colour paper. Then I created a storage box for all of the blank cards (1. so I don't lose them; 2. so they don't get dirty; 3. to help with the time restraints that I have set about; and 4. any excuse to make a pretty box). And what more does someone with all the best intentions (and because as part of the DT I've received all the prompts) I cut out all of the bold prompts and stuck them to the back of each card. (Because this is a stupidly long post, I'll add all my supplies at the very end). 
I am pretty sure that I haven't finished the box yet because it isn't grungy enough and it just doesn't feel finished so for now it is marinating. 

(let me know if you would like the template for the box and I can add it to the Facebook group). 

And no, I didn't stop there. Then I sat down and made a display book to get started. I think it will hold around 15 cards (I didn't count how many). Oh, and because I love January's colour palette I stuck with it. 
Front Cover
Back cover
Inside Covers
Already to rock and roll.


Ok, so now I've overthought it all it was time to actually get to making the first of the ATCs from the prompts - Self-Portrait: create an ATC that reflects you.

I started off with an offcut from the box and the cover backgrounds - definitely my colours, but it wasn't quite ATC size, so I painted a black background and sewed the piece onto it. 
I smooshed some extra Tim Holtz Distress Oxides other shades of blue.
I then added some Shellac because that is definitely a me thing. 
I also finished it off with some Stabilo All black pencil and some splatters. 
A quick little Tim Holtz Sticker sayings 
and I think this final little ATC really does sum up the products I really enjoy, my style, and some of my recurring themes. 
I have added it to my book and I'll continue to update you all with the progress each week. 
I'm pretty happy with how the first project has started off and look forward to a creative 2024.

Supplies
Box:
Book:
Self-Portrait ATC:
  • left over from the book/box cardstock coloured with oxide inks 
  • Shellac
  • Stabilo All Pencil - Black
  • Tim Holtz Metallic Quotation Stickers

I think I have covered everything and I hope to make the future posts a lot shorter..
if you have any questions please ask on the Facebook Group. 

Live with Love and Respect. 

Leanne xo





6 comments:

  1. Leanne,
    This is magnificent - I love everything about it 🩷

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing and such a good idea ro have all the ATCS cut and ready to go. I also enjoyed reading about your creative process and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cora for taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  3. Epic post loved this whole idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love this thanks for sharing Leanne

    ReplyDelete