Saturday 30 June 2018

Birthday Page with DT Katie

Good morning, good morning! Happy Saturday, and happy end of June! Half way through the year already and another year is flying past so quickly. We are about to head into the down hill run for our second daughter finishing high school which is crazy, but exciting at the same time. Do you have any big events happening this year? My page that I am sharing today could be considered a big event, it celebrates the first birthday of my nephew, first birthday's are always a big deal, mainly for the parents to celebrate surviving their child's first year!

I used the gorgeous Fancy Pants Designs Joy Parade collection for this page, there are so many bright fun papers in this collection, and I thought I would show you a way to use some of the busier patterned papers. But first, lets look at my page!



There were so many great patterns that I loved in the collection, and I decided the best way to use a bit of everything (well not quite everything, but close!), was to cut strips of papers and create a background, then I used some more in layering behind my photo. Using a black and white photo made it easy to use lots of different patterns too. I simply cut different width strips and layered them on my background, separating the busier ones with solid colours between, this way there is no competition between patterns. The papers that I used are: Sprinkle Some Joy, Add a Little Sparkle, Life is a Party, Lighter than Air, Love Pretty Garlands and Wrap it in Colour. Always remember that sometimes the best pattern/colour for you to use may be on the "B" side of the double sided papers! And if you get the collection kit you get two sheets of all of the papers so you can use both sides, as well as puffy stickers! Once I had sorted the background I used some of the papers with more solid backgrounds to mat my photo, then I was ready to embellish!



The fun thing about using strips on your background is that you have places to tuck in little embellishments like tabs, tags and frames. I did this in a couple of places using some of the extras that come in the collection, including the ephemera, the tags and labels pack and the puffy stickers shapes and dots. I love these puffy stickers as there are so many great shapes to use, I chose to add lots of the triangles, they are great for creating "pointing" devices!



I used one of the word die cuts for my title and layered with some more shapes and dots puffy stickers and also a flair button. 


A few clustered labels and tags created a great place to journal and to finish off I added some black splatters, there is a bit of black on my page and it helps tie it all together, I used the Dylusions Black Marble, one of my go to black sprays!

I hope you give some of the ideas I used on this page a go, and if you do, please share your pages in the Facebook group I would love to see!

Thanks for stopping by,

Katie x





1 comment:

  1. Katie lov elove love this such a fun layout love that Fancy Pants

    ReplyDelete