Tuesday 12 June 2018

June Challenge Inspiration from Leonie Neal-Dawson


Hello Scrapping Clearly followers, Leonie with you today.
Today I'm sharing my take on the June combined challenge.
Visit our Facebook group for details on how to enter, there is a shop voucher to be won.
Take a look at those cute painty fingers and rainbow colours (big hive five to that)!





I started following the sketch by rotating it anticlockwise and thats where I kind of veered off on my own creative tangent!  I did however stick with the luscious rainbow of colour with some added black and the photo's were all about some down time and relaxing with friends so I've drawn on those images from the mood board as well.



I used Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylic Paint to create my rainbow.  A small dob of paint and I used an old credit card to draw the paint across the page. 



The large flowers were stamped with the Floral Stamp from the Prima Bloom Collection.
I painted black Dina Wakley paint directly on to the image and then stamped on the page. 
I love the intense image that stamping with paint gives. It doesn't always turn out perfect but it certainly makes a bold statement. 
There is also some light stamping and texture paste on the background. 


I kept my embellishment to a minimum - some glittery chipboard, a Charms Creation Heart and those lovely Heidi Swapp acetate words.  To finish off I added a doodled boarded with a Fude Ball pen and some black splats




Thanks for stopping by, we'd love you to join us in our June challenge.
Visit our Facebook Share and Inspire page for the details.
Cheers from Leonie Neal-Dawson.

No comments:

Post a Comment