Tuesday 19 June 2018

Fun Page with DT Katie Howard

Good Morning! Welcome to another Scrapping Clearly blog post. Today I thought I would share with you just how versatile the Fancy Pants Take Note collection really is, especially since it is a school themed collection!

I decided that I wanted to try and create a more feminine page using this collection, and guess what?! It was really easy to do, especially as there was some pink tones and even a floral in the collection. Here is the page that I created:


The corkboard paper is so perfect for the background, so that is where I started. You get two of each paper in the collection kit, plus some die-cuts and cards so you have lots to use with one kit! I created some paper layers behind my photos after first backing them using some of the pretty gold tissue paper that my Scrapping Clearly order comes wrapped in! Don't forget to keep that in your stash and use it, what a bonus!

I decided I needed some soft detail on the background so I decided to grab my distress oxide ink in Faded Jeans because it worked with the darker blue in the paper. I started with a stencil and added some background detail, I used the Dyan Reaveley alphabet border stencil. After I added to the background I decided I wanted a border as well, so I masked off the alphabet part of the stencil and used the dashed lines with my ink to create a border all the way around my page, I just love how it looks!

One thing that I love to do with my paper scraps is create tags, they are so easy to make and are perfect for tucking into layers, you can then add buttons or enamel dots or ribbons or bows to them as well.


I created a little cluster with some of the tags using some die-cuts from the kit and also some chipboard from the Maggie Holmes Gather thicker set. Some of the colours in here are a perfect match! And it is nice to mix and match collections and manufacturers too.


I decided to print my journaling and stick it on, but used a sweet heart from the Gather thicker set and also one of the flowers from the Heidi Swapp Vintage Chic trimmings pack. These flowers are just made to crinkle and distress. I cut mine in half and layered slightly offset before tucking under my journal block. I also tucked one under the tags at the top. These were just the right shade of pink, and added a girly touch too.

I used the word "Today" from the Gather thicker set for my title, as this was an every day moment and nothing in particular, and it is an easy way to add a title, and let's face it, I am all about easy!

Last of all I added some splatters using some Heidi Swapp color shine, there are so many pretty colours to choose from, I used navy and gold.

Thanks for stopping by, see you next time!

Katie x



1 comment:

  1. Such a fun layout love the colours Katie! Eddie is so cute!

    ReplyDelete