Tuesday 11 December 2018

Half a piece of paper & a cute mini

Welcome to December my friends . Last night I embarked on this little project. The paper is super cool and I have kept the right side for another project in my art journal as it had the cool faces printed on it. I have filled so many boxes with half sheets of paper - you know the one - the 'someday' box. I find that half a page is the perfect size for a cute little cut and fold mini - and it gets used up straight away. It was a nice quick little project in under a couple of hours. 

The Paper Arts - Whimsical 3 paper was super fun to use and is a really good thickness for pages in a mini book. The print on the paper is also fabulous as there is minimal prep to your page. I'm loving the arty feel and look of this paper. 



 After scoring the pages and cutting the album I then folded the pages and glued the backs together. The pages are 5cm x 5cm.  I have used Muslin to bind the outer cover, which holds the album together nicely.



I used Express it glue to adhere the muslin to the page and then used spray inks to color the muslin. A quick dry with the heat gun also helps keep this project flowing quickly.


I then added some fun bits inside the album - I decided to make it a little quote/inspiration type album. I used a range of stamps including the Inkadinkado stamping gear - branches and for those that went to the recent classes with DeeDee at Scrapping Clearly I have included a few of my favourite Viva Las Vegas Stamps.I have used some old rub-ons from my stash, some small word stickers and all pages have been bordered with my Artline black pen



Loving the floral stamp in the Inkadinkado range on the left of this page plus the Viva las Vegas quote stamp. As well I have added some of the silver Heidi Swapp Fresh Start washi tape.



More Heidi Swapp washi and some Heidi swapp stickers as well as the added stamps. 
 

Finally I stamped with black ink  on the front and added my title. 

So next time you have a left over half of paper why not consider making yourself a quick little mini.

get messy and have a fantastic Tuesday



3 comments: