Wednesday 19 December 2018

Christmas Table Centerpiece

Welcome to the frantic rush of Christmas Joy. I love this time of year where I get to create that extra little bit of love and joy for the Christmas table. This year I've decided to use an idea I worked with a few years back - the good old Christmas Tree. Now these are not just any ordinary trees... I will be filling this one full of  full of mints for after Christmas Dinner. 


So lets get started...


 I used a small terracotta pot 5" in diameter and a foam cone 8"tall &  a piece of dowel 9"long . They were glued together with a hot glue gun. I then painted the pot with some red paint and the dowel with gold paint.    To make the leaves for the tree I chose a funky piece of 12x12 from the Escape the Ordinary PinkFresh range called Chase - It's a dark olive green so worked in perfectly with the Christmas theme. I cut the strips into long half inch strips and then cut them off at 2" intervals. 


Once all strips were cut I used my scissors to create a fringed end - I cheated as I have multicut scissors to cut half way up the strips. I then bent the paper and curled the ends with my fingers. Start gluing the leaves on. Firstly I ran a row of tape around and then used glue on each strip as I adhered it to the cone. 


Work your way all the way to the top. I cut the top leaves slightly thinner so they would fit around the cone tip nicely. You may have to hold these in place a minute so they don't pop off.
Time for a little decorating. I used Faber Castell Glass Bead Glitter Gel and draped it over the top of the tree. I also made small drops fall onto the leaves to give it a snow like appearance. 


To make a few decorations around the pot I adhered some large gold sparkle scallop tape  to the top of the pot and I ran the silver Heidi Swapp Decorative Washi tape around the top.



 I stamped a few pine leaves from the Inkadinkado branches range and stuck them either side of the 25. These are seriously cool numbers from the Heidi Swapp Make Pretty Stuff  embellishment range and come in a pack of 21 pieces. 


The other gold leaves are designed by me and cut with my silhouette and coloured with the Artline Gold pen. I glued these on with Xpress it glue. 


The final touch was the wooden star coloured again with the Artline gold pen and glued to the top of the tree... now it is ready for filling full of mints for the dinner table Christmas Day. 

I hope you have enjoyed this quick little project. It is only 6 more sleeps till Christmas & still plenty of time for you to be inspired to create something special at your Christmas Dinner table this year. 

Have fun creating
Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment