Friday 21 December 2018

Be you. Be Strong.

Hi all! I am here with my last post for the year 2018!
What a year! Another year of ups and downs, growth, good times... and challenging times. 

I have here an Art Journal page, which I thought would be a fitting way to summarise my personal journey.


I have used the Dina Wakley Media Journal 8" x 10". For this particular project, I elected to use the watercolour paper in this media journal.


To prepare the background, I used a small Ranger Gel Press Brayer to apply the paint. This is one of my favourite go-to tools. From the store, I used the following paints: Dina Wakley Media - Heavy Body Acrylic paint in Lime, Turquoise, Sky, and Night. 

Once dried, I randomly stamped over the coloured areas with a permanent Stazon Ink in 'Jet Black' and a Prima Finnabair - Vintage Vanity Collection stamp.

Next, to add texture to the painted areas, I applied white modelling paste over Crafter's Workshop 6x6 Doodling Template - Mini Cubist.


The image was selected from Jane Davenport Napkin Collage Paper and carefully adhered it white cardstock with gel medium from my stash. For the border, I used a Posca pen in both 'Green' and 'Black'.

I have mounted the image on top of strips of tissue paper and collage paper. I tore lengthy strips of Dina Wakley Media Collage Tissue Paper then adhered this onto the page over cotton thread from my stash. 


Finally, used Dina Wakley Media Collage Words for the title.


Once, complete, I splattered Colour Blast Colour Spray in 'Roadbase' randomly around the page. 

It was rewarding to create this page. 

I hope you all have a very happy Christmas with your friends and families.

See you next year! ... over here, on the Scrapping Clearly blog!

Amy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment