Sunday 29 April 2018

Two from One, 6 x 12 Layouts by Marelle

Hi everyone,
Marelle here!

Do you have any old photos that are not quite in focus? 
Are you time poor and want to create a quick layout in less than 30 minutes?
If the answer to both questions is YES then I have the perfect quick layout for you!

I started off with a piece of Marshmallow Cardstock and dribbled Dylusions Spray Ink in Dirty Martini onto the page then sprayed some water over it to make it drip down the page. I dried it using a heat gun and then cut the cardstock in half. I have been creating my 6x12 pages for years - they are so quick and easy and a great mojo starter!


I used a Permaball Marker and doodled around the edges of the page then used one of my absolute favourite stamps. It comes in a set of three but there is only one set left in stock - so be quick! Lisa Oxley uses this stamp in a myriad of ways and I had to own it after seeing it on one of her paintings a while back.


I used the Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink in Peeled Paint and sprayed the pad with a little bit of water. I then used this to stamp the small bloom into the right-hand top corner of the page. I then used the Oxide ink again and stamped three blooms approx 2" from the bottom of the page.




I then stamped 3 blooms on a separate piece of white cardstock, fussy cut them and adhered over the three stamped blooms on the page using foam tape.




I matted my photo with a thin border of black cardstock. I adhered some green thread over the top of the blooms and stuck the matted photo over the top using glue.

I had a photo of my two daughters taken about 9 years ago, they were both in a stage performance and someone snapped this photo but it was out of focus - it is the only photo from this time and I wanted to scrap it. So I cut out the photo of one of my Daughters to 3"x3" and it did not seem so "out of focus"! The smaller photo was perfect on the 6x12 format. You can use the second 6x12 for another quick layout as your background is already created.

I hope you will give this a try soon.

Keep on creating!
It's great for the soulx

Love 

Marellexx

No comments:

Post a Comment