Saturday 14 April 2018

Opportunity to Shine - by Emma

Well hello there, 
Nice to see you all again.

Today I’m sharing a layout with oh so many flowers! 
Well for me this feels like oh so many flowers cos I don’t usually use this many nor do I fussy cut! hehe! 
But I love it! 


 I have loved the quirky feel of this photo I found on Pinterest ages ago, and have been saving for just the right time. So when I received all these pretty Heidi Swapp flowers in my DT pack I knew it was time. 

I also fussy cut flowers from a sheet in the Heidi Swapp 6x8 pad. 
But before I did all that I chose my base sheet by Paper Arts and used the mixed media fun 3 sheet. 
It’s so artsy! 


I spread some gesso under where my design was going to be and then added Dylusions paint in Pomegranate to add more colour. Plus it matched the colour in the base paper. 
Then I flicked some Liquitex Titanium White ink around as well as doodling with a liquid paper pen. 
I rubbed Distress Oxides over the gorgeous resist flowers and then rubbed back using a baby wipe to reveal the outline of the resist. I chose Wild Honey,  Abandoned Coral, and Iced Spruce to colour these. Then I found some leaves in the pack and coloured them using Peeled Paint


I painted my chippy with the Art Alchemy acrylic paints. 
But before I put them on I inked them with complimentary inks,
and then I just layered. 
For a few of my embellishments, I used Heidi Swapp glass buttons and some Teresa Collins Daily Stories sequins.
A couple of quotes, and this pretty little thing was complete. 


I really enjoyed playing with flowers.
I think it’s something I might try more of.....

I created a little video of this layout coming together too, I’d love you to check it out. 


Till next we meet, Em. Xxx

1 comment: