Monday 16 April 2018

Quick and Gorgeous Minc Tag Album with Melinda

Hello and welcome to the blog on this Monday!
Already?! I for one could have added a couple of extra days to our weekend as I was lucky enough to be away,
just my hubby and me, celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary.
No crafting, but lots of wine tasting for me, how about you?
Did you get your craft on?

Anyway, today's share is VERY different for me.
Like, VERY!!!
Kylie sent me these lamination labels in the Minc range
and I had ZERO ideas of what to do with them until one day, bam!
Inspiration struck!
A mini album!
So that is where this mini album started - some labels!!


I pulled out some more bits from not only my latest kit from Kylie but some older goodies she sent me,
seriously these DT kits she sends just keep giving!!
I have used lots of different bits and pieces, here are the direct links to all of the goodies I have pulled
that are available in store:

Heidi Swapp Minc Lamination Labels
Heidi Swapp Minc Tags
Heidi Swapp Minc Chipboard Frames
Heidi Swapp Minc Alpha Stickers
Heidi Swapp Minc Pink Foil
Heidi Swapp Minc Mint Foil
Heidi Swapp No Limits Stix
Heidi Swapp Puffy Stickers
American Crafts Clothespins
American Crafts Clips
Studio Calico Chipboard Heart Stickers
Crate Paper - Maggie Holmes - "Flutter" 12x12 Paper
C'est La Vie ephemera piece

At this point I am going to say, make sure you have a cuppa with you - I have photos of each page to share
and a little "this is what I used" so sit back and enjoy!


What I love about the "cover" is all the different angles and the bits and pieces poking out and around all the sides with nothing being exactly square or neat!



For this, I have used 3 pieces from the Minc Tags pack and one of the AC clips.
I used a combo of the pink and mint foils as well and so I am not repeating myself on every photo
I have used pink foil on the mint coloured pieces and mint foil on the pink pieces ;)


The acetate tag is from the C'est La Vie ephemera pack. I have used the Minc Alphas (mint foil), one of the Heidi puffy stickers (there is another on the back as well) and I pulled apart one of the Heidi Stix
to use just the one camera.


The base here is one of the laminated tags and I very simply added in one of the AC chippy hearts.


Before I say anything else this is one of my all-time absolute favourite photos of my littlest guy.
I just LOVE it!! We have this in colour on our wall as a big canvas <3<3<3

For this one, I have used a Minc Tag and pink foil (really hard to photograph!) for the page base.
A fussy cut butterfly from the Flutter paper and another of the AC clips.


My next laminated tag, this one paired with an AC clothespin, another of my all time faves!!


My base is one of the Minc Tags. The pink stripes are printed and then the green is foiled.
I added another of those adorable AC clips here too.

I'm sure by now you have noticed that I have not at all overthought this process and kept it pretty simple from page to page. I really feel that having my photos in black and white, and printing them all to 2" x 3",
made making decisions so much easier!


Another of the laminated tags.
I felt the florals and his gorgeous squishy face was enough for this
so didn't even bother adding anything else!


A non-photo page! Another tag from the Minc Tags package and another AC chippy heart. Oh, and pink foil.


I totally and completely forgot we managed to get this photo until I printed them out for this album and oh my stars!! I should have known back then (he was 8 or 9 days old) he was going to be my mischievous little man!! So, another laminated tag and another fussy cut butterfly from the  Flutter paper.
Oh, and I trimmed this photo too ;)


I had a few different ideas for these frames but really love what I ended up deciding to do.
This has 2 photos and 2 of the Minc Frames as the page base and I have simply stuck those back to back.
I added another of the AC Clips as a way to hang this page from the ring and voila, done!
The front has the text which is foiled in pink.....


...and the back has the stripes which I foiled in mint. I will say it again, the foil is really tricky to photograph well, but the mint colour is way more minty and pretty than this photo indicates!


This last piece is actually what inspired me to choose the photos I chose.
 My little family of 4. We are far from perfect but we love, we laugh, and we have each other, and that is enough.
This came from the Minc Tags set and is a minty colour and I have added pink foil and an AC chippy heart.

And that is my finished album. I really, really love it!
Minis are not my "norm" but sometimes it is super fun to step out of your comfort zone and challenge yourself.
I really do adore my end project and so to do my boys, so I'm calling that a win!

I have a video of my process and you can see that here on the ScrappingClearly YT channel, you will see how much I really didn't over-think the process or make it complicated.

I hope you enjoy, and I hope I inspire you to get your creative on!

Have a fantastic Monday,
and I'll be back again later in the month.

Melinda


2 comments:

  1. I really love this Melinda, wouldn't it make the perfect gift for proud grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful project Melinda! Love it

    ReplyDelete