Tuesday 17 April 2018

Using a Gel Printed Scrapbook Background

Hello Arty peeps!
Welcome again to the Scrapping Clearly blog, so pleased you're here.

I've been playing with my Gel Plate, inspired by all the pretty pictures I've been seeing on Instagram lately. I used up some old scalloped pieces of Bazzill card that have been in my stash for many years and tried a few different paints and stencils. Here are some of the results.

I liked this one so much I decided to use it for a page background.
It was done with Dylusions paints, applied to my Gel Plate with a brayer, and a mandala stencil.


Being just smaller than a 12" x 12" page, I decided to mat it on black cardstock. However having inked the scalloped edge black, it didn't stand out enough for my liking, and the scallops were a little too much. So I scraped some Vicki Boutin light green paint around the edge of my black card and trimmed the scallops off 3 sides of my original piece.


Not wanting to waste the scalloped edges I had removed, I layered them under the edge I'd left on. Then I inked all the bare edges and stuck it to my base. I considered machine stitching around the inside edge of the top piece because I wanted to frame it but since I had used double-sided tape I couldn't bring myself to put it through my machine. I found a solution in stamping tiny hearts around the edge, super cute, and a visual frame. These little Cocoa Vanilla stamps are my current crush.

This is my finished page.


6 x 6 papers and labels from the Pink Paislee Memorandum range were the perfect colours for adding a bit of grounding. Held on with Something Wonderful brads and tiny staples. I also used some Tim Holtz Small Talk stickers and chippy phrases.


My title is a gold acetate word from Heidi Swapp which I coloured the back of using an alcohol marker. I also embellished with some enamel shapes and used correction tape (Paper Mate WideLine) for my hashtag strips.


I love how this page turned out considering the twists and turns my process took.
I never know how it's going to look at the end, I am not a planner of pages at all.
How about you?

I'm also really pleased to have a ready-made stash of backgrounds for future pages having had a date with my Gel Plate. I think I might hit up YouTube for some further inspiration, there are just so many vids!!

Thanks so much for coming by,
til next time,
stay arty,

2 comments: