Friday 15 September 2017

My art Journal and Iggy Pop

Howdy Folks , Lisa here with the weekly Mixed media update , 
Today is a big one , finally getting to do a class with the Dylusions Queen herself .
But before I rush to pack a very light scrap tote to take with me ,
 I'm sharing with you this fun art journal page I did yesterday.
I love cutting into my old music books, currently I have a Sex , Drugs and Rock and Roll book in my stash , that a friend gave me for my 18th birthday. It was forever ago and now the pages are falling from the book, so for me , its a wonderful way to incorporate my music and art love together.
I started with a simple acrylic background of Liquitex paint in teal and Dylusions fresh lime, and using a New Dina Wakley Medieval Cross stencil ,
 I wiped away some paint ,
 using a baby wipe , through the stencil .
When that was dry , I secured a little music sheet paper with liquitex Matt Medium then added some interest points with new Dina stamps, Splatter Girl ,and Background Marks ,using Black stazon ink.
 More layering of paint and papers , circles and colour 
 Adding the Largest circle in behind Iggy , allows the eye to know exactly where the focal point of the piece is. It was just yellow to start, but wonderful paint allows for extra layering of colour ,
 which provided a little more depth to the page..
The butterfly is added for censorship reasons only and is not actually stuck to this page- yep i sorta missed it by that much.
Usually , I would finish my blog post by running through and linking all the products to this post .
But , at this sad time, the shop is closed for a short period as we collectively morn the loss of Kylies' Beloved only brother. My heart is heavy and sad for this incredible close and bonded family .
I send them my condolences and love during this heartbreaking time .
I will be back next week , with a SC MM blog update .
Lisa xx

4 comments:

  1. Amazing like always Lisa love My Friday I know there is something amazing going to pop up .. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool page!! love all the painty layers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, but you kinda missed with the butterfly ;-P

    ReplyDelete