Saturday 23 September 2017

Art Anthology Art Journalling - With Karyn Schultz!

Hi Scrapping Clearly Lovelies!!! 

It's Karyn here and today I have an Art Journal page to share with you made using lots of awesome  Art Anthology products available in the  Scrapping Clearly Store.
Art Anthology products were new to me and I was so excited to receive a selection of their products in my latest DT kit from Scrapping Clearly. Whenever I try a new product I start by using it on an art journal page. I rarely have a plan, I just go with the flow and let the paints guide me.

Lately I've been doing my art journalling on loose cardstock with the aim to bind them together with my Zutter bind-it-all. Although I love art journals I find them to be very big and bulky in my small workspace and also I often accidentally spill paints on other pages - which is annoying. So I made this page on a piece of 6" x 6" marshmallow cardstock. 
Firstly I painted blue and purple Art Anthology velvet dimensional medium across my page using a silicone brush (these brushes are so good to use and easy to clean between colours!). These paints are somewhat transparent - sort of like a tinted gel medium. Then I added some stencils - firstly a bubble stencil with brown Art Anthology sorbet dimensional medium (this is also transparent and has loads of shimmer).  
Next I added a dots and dashes stencil with orange Art Anthology sorbet dimensional medium. Then I added some of the red Art Anthology stone effects in places. Next I added some spritzes of yellow, pink and teal Art Anthology Colorations color spray.
After drying this off properly I added a Cherry blossom stencil with yellow Art Anthology sorbet dimensional medium - see the wonderful shimmer!! As I was creating I added any paint leftovers to a scrap piece of cardstock - this is always useful for cutting, stamping and adding to your page, and you dont waste any paint!! I also added some stamping using some fun Dina Wakley circle patterns stamps.
I used my Fude ball pen to draw a boarder around the page. I cut up the scrap page and added it to my page too.
Here are some close-ups of my page - I love how it turned out!!



Scrapping Clearly products I've used include 

Prima Finnabair art basics mixed media silicone brush 1 inch
Art Anthology Colorations color spray (patience, timeless, peacock feathers)   
Art Anthology Sorbet (poppy, chocolate, sunshine) 
Art Anthology velvet dimensional medium (reef, mardi gras)
Art Anthology stone effects (brick)
Ranger Archival ink pad, black
Cardstock  
Dina Wakley stamps - circle patterns (circle collage, etiquette anion)
Fude Ball pen  
Stabile aquarellable black pencil  
Tim Holtz Idea Ology Small Talk Sticker Book  
KaiserCraft mini designer templates - cherry blossom, dots and dashes, and bubbly

Thanks so much for stopping by
Crafty Hugs xx
Karyn

1 comment: